AmplifyReach Slack Integration makes it easy to create your own Slack apps and bots and train them to understand natural language.
Setting Up Slack
In order to set up the Slack integration for your bot, you’ll need the following::
Create a Slack App
- Navigate to the Slack Developer Console.
- Enter a name for your app.
- Choose a Team you would like the app associated with
- Click the Create App button.
Enabling Integration in AmplifyReach
In the Slack Developer Console, click on Basic Information in the left hand menu and scroll down to the App Credentials section. Make note of the Client ID, Client Secret, and Verification Token.
Link Slack to AmplifyReach
- Paste above information to AmplifyReach Dashboard -> Channels -> Slack -> Configuration
- Make note of the Redirect URL and Event Request URL. This information required in the next step
Continuing Slack Setup
Now you have to Add a Bot User and Event Request URL.
Add a Bot User
- Click on App Home in the left hand menu.
- Click the ‘Review Scopes to Add’ button.
- Copy the Redirect URL from AmplifyReach Dashboard -> Channels -> Slack -> Configuration
- Add Redirect URL by clicking ‘Add New Redirect URL’ button.
5. Add the ‘Bot Token Scopes’. Required Scopes: chat:write and users:read
- Click on App Home in the left hand menu and edit the app display information if required
- Turn on the Always Show My Bot as Online tab to show bot online
- Turn on the Home tab to display in your app home.
- Turn on the Message tab to display in your app home.
Add Event Request URL
- Copy the Request URL from AmplifyReach Dashboard -> Channels -> Slack -> Configuration
- Click on Event Subscriptions in the left menu
- Click on the switch to enable Events, and paste the Request URL in to Request URL field.
After a few moments you should see a green “Verified” above the Request URL field.
- Once you’re done updating these two settings, click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
Enable Event Subscriptions
- Click on Event Subscriptions in the left menu.
- Click the switch to enable the option.
- Under the Subscribe to Bot Events, click on the Add Bot User Event button. This will reveal text field and list of events. You can enter terms into this field to search for events you want your bot to respond to. Here’s a list of events we suggest adding:
- Once you’ve added the events, click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the screen.
Add Your Slack Bot to a Team
- Click on Manage Distribution in the left menu.
- Under the ‘Share Your App with Your Workspace’ section, click the Add to Slack button.
- On the next page, click the Allow button to add the bot.
- If you want to share your app with other Workspaces please refer ‘Share Your App with Other Workspaces’ section.