You can train the Chatbot to be interactive. Training can make it understand human language and the intent of the user. When particular intent is detected, chatbot can start relevant flow.
An intent is a representation of what user wants to accomplish. During intent creation we can add different examples of what people would say to convey the same intent. These examples would then be processed by the catalyst platform using sophisticated Artificial Intelligence techniques to make the bot understand and identify right user intent.
Adding intent in Conversation
Intent is accessible from Bot Studio -> My Conversations -> Intents tab -> Add New Intent
Choose an intent name that is easily identified and can be reused while creating different conversations. The same intent can be consumed from multiple conversations.
Example: insurance-car or car-insurance
Let’s take an example where the user wants to insure his/her car. User can express his/her intent of buying an insurance through a variation of sentences.
- I would like to insure my car
- Can you help me with my car insurance
- I am interested in insuring my car
- Looking for car insurance
These are just a few examples. There could be multiple variations that a user can use to communicate and express his/her willingness to buy a motor insurance.
Tip: Adding more user examples helps the AmplifyReach chat bot to easily identify the user intent and assist the customer accordingly.
Tip: User examples should be complete sentence. Example: “I am interested in car insurance” and not “car insurance”.
Using intent in conversation
To use the intent in conversation,
- Set Intent Detection node where you want to detect the intent. e.g. On first message.
- Add node at zero level (just below the first node). Set node type as intent.
- Set name of the intent you created eg. Car Insurance
- Set the message that you want to display on detecting the intent. e.g. In this case, on detecting “Car Insurance Intent” the bot will show “Sure, I can help you to buy car insurance”
- You can add further flow to detected intent .
While creating/editing intent, instead of adding the intent sentences one by one, you can directly import the file. Intents can be imported in multiple formats as listed below: